Briscoe WINS at Phoenix!
Date: March 13, 2022
Event: Ruoff Mortgage 500k (Round 4 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Phoenix Raceway (1-mile oval)
Format: 312 laps, broken into three stages (60 laps/125 laps/127 laps)
Race Winner: Chase Briscoe of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Stage 1 Winner: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 2 Winner: Ryan Blaney of Team Penske (Ford)
SHR Race Finish:
● Chase Briscoe (Started 6th, Finished 1st / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (Started 16th, Finished 6th / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● Aric Almirola (Started 5th, Finished 12th / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● Cole Custer (Started 25th, Finished 16th / Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
● Chase Briscoe (5th with 126 points, 10 out of first)
● Aric Almirola (6th with 122 points, 14 out of first)
● Kevin Harvick (10th with 111 points, 25 out of first)
● Cole Custer (24th with 73 points, 63 out of first)
● Briscoe’s victory in the Ruoff Mortgage 500k marked the 93rd overall win for SHR. It was the organization’s 67th points-paying NASCAR Cup Series victory and its seventh at Phoenix.
● SHR won its first race at Phoenix in April 2010 with former SHR driver Ryan Newman. Its other five wins came with Harvick in March 2014, November 2014, March 2015, March 2016 and March 2018.
● This was SHR’s 31st NASCAR Cup Series victory with Ford. Former SHR driver Kurt Busch’s win in the 2017 Daytona 500 was SHR’s first with Ford.
● This was Ford’s 713th all-time NASCAR Cup Series victory.
● This was Ford’s series-leading 18th NASCAR Cup Series victory at Phoenix. The manufacturer won the first two races at Phoenix with NASCAR Hall of Famers Alan Kulwicki on Nov. 6, 1988 and Bill Elliott on Nov. 5, 1989.
● This was Briscoe’s first career NASCAR Cup Series victory and it came in his second season with SHR.
● This was Briscoe’s 40th career NASCAR Cup Series start and only his third at Phoenix.
● Briscoe is the third driver in NASCAR Cup Series history to score his first career win at Phoenix, joining Kulwicki (1988) and Bobby Hamilton (1996).
● Briscoe is the 88th different driver to win a NASCAR Cup Series race with Ford.
● Briscoe finished second in Stage 1 to earn nine bonus points and eighth in Stage 2 to earn three more bonus points.
● Briscoe led three times for 101 laps – his first laps led at Phoenix.
“That's unbelievable. I was crying the whole last lap. I mean, this is definitely a team win. I’ve got to thank everyone that has gotten me to this point. Seven years ago, I was sleeping on couches, ready to give up. They gave me an opportunity and it's led to this. I am so blessed to be driving at the organization, the team, the car that was my hero growing up. To get this 14 back in victory lane, to do it with Mahindra Tractors, their first year in the sport, everybody that’s believed in me. It’s unbelievable.” – Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 14 Mahindra Tractors Ford Mustang